Rules and Regulations
RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE NATIVE AMERICAN INTER TRIBAL COUNCIL OF WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS...
1. Members of the Native American Inter Tribal Council of Western Massachusetts (NAITCWM) will agree and aspect all terms and aspects of our group's Bylaw, Rules and Regulations and Mission statement set for by its governing body ( Board of Directors).
2. Members will agree in full and accept that Native American people and their culture, that existed in the past, present and future, shall be preserved and protected, and shall be held to the highest level with respect and dignity.
3. Members will, following Native Americans traditions, honor and celebrate our ancestors.
4. Members will agree in full and accept that some of the practices, and customs, and traditions of all Native groups within the 500 Nations will be respected, honored and protected.
5. Members will agree in full and accept that all Native Americans and descendants of Native Americans can be given membership.
6. Members will agree in full and accept that proof of Native American heritage can be hard to prove because of lost tribal connections and displacement. Sometimes the only evidence is word of mouth from one generation to the next. People who's heritage is determined in this manner and who agree to support the values, customs, beliefs and spiritual practices of the NAITCWM may apply for membership.
7. Members will agree in full and accept that when the NAITCWM meets, activities will be conducted according to Native american traditions, as agreed upon by the NAITCWM Board and members.
8. The Board of Directors will grant membership. A Membership Application must be filled out and an interview with prospective members will be conducted.
9. Members are expected to participate at all level of the NAITCWM's activities.
10. All members, their families and their guest are invited to attend all events sponsored by the NAITCWM. These are family events, and ALCOHOL and BANNED SUBSTANCES are prohibited.
11. All public statements to the press and other organizations shall be the sole responsibility of The Board of Directors.
12. In the event of conflicts concerning business of the Board of Directors, the Board of Directors may provide mediation.
13. Any and all events and activities that relate to the NAITCWM's interests must be approved by the Board of Directors in advance. NAITCWM Board of Directors must be in attendance at any meeting involving discussion, or approval of NAITCWM interests or involvement. General NAITCWM members are not allowed to discuss or represent NAITCWM in any meeting, gathering, or event, without written approval by the Board of Directors in advance.
14. Use of any property owned by NAITCWM, including intellectual property such as the NAITCWM website(s), photos and presentation materials, must be approved by the Board of Directors.
15. Any NAITCWM member or board member who disregards any part of the NAITCWM Bylaws, Rules And Regulations or Articles of Organization may be subject to having their membership temporarily suspended or permanently revoked by consensus vote of the NAITCWM Board of Directors.
16. The NAITCWM is not responsible for misrepresentation by non-members. Any such act by non-members is their sole responsibility, including any legal action that may result.